A Rose by any other name...

in the case of our dog, may not smell as sweet.

Wait what's the name?


Had to post this second one, you can hear Katie's snort laugh in the beginning and see how long her hair is getting. Not to mention her silly, happy personality shinning! 

 

If only she would let me do her hair more often:

ANYWAY, my goal with our chocolate lab Rose is to get her to sleep on the main level of the house on her pad/bed as a guard dog to my babies sleeping soundly upstairs. So it should look like this:


This week I tried it three nights in a row. First night: AWESOME! She slept downstairs on her bed! 

Second night: Katie came into our room upset with Rose following behind. I am not sure what happened since these where the clues I was working with: puddle in the laundry room, overturned trash with banana peels, and chewed up baby toys in Katie's room. I am guessing Rose tried to find us because she need out and then found some toys in the office and Katie's room:(




I convinced myself it could have been worse and looked at some of these:



Third night: I put a gate on the stairs to reinforce the downstairs rule and when I woke up around midnight I heard her stirring and then jumping over the gate to come upstairs. 
I put her back in her kennel:( I don't think she is ready yet. For now we will stick to correcting the excessive barking when someone comes to the door:




0 comments: