Field Trip to the Zoo

Even though we haven't officially started school, we took advantage of our neighbor's Field Trip to the Zoo since we still hadn't really been this summer! 

Ray is good friends with April and the two of them were making a list of animals that start with each letter of the alphabet: 


Katie sitting Froggie Style:


They all got into the Hippo (Katie, Becca, Ray, April, and Quinn)


The star of our trip: Kali (pronounced "Cully"). He is only two years old and already weighs 850 pounds! A hunter in Alaska took him to the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) when he realized he killed a nursing mother. The hunter followed the mom's prints back to the den, wrapped 20 pound Kali up in his snow pants and took him to safety. What an addition to the Zoo! 
(See the videos I got in the next few posts)





Not even the penguins wanted to look at me for this shot. I told Ray and Kate to "look at my nose" but I think they heard "look at YOUR nose!"


Butterfly House:



This one is called a Red Cracker, so beautiful!


A really nice lady gave us her leftover tickets to the train and a really nice conductor let us stay on after we saw the Tiger.


Katie said, "I want to go wake it up!"  and "I want to pet it" Tigers are all she has been asking to see for weeks!









0 comments: