Trip to Utah

Our trip to Utah was the first week of June and BJ's brilliant plan to stop and stay the night at Emily's home in Omaha made the 20+ hour drive very doable. However, anticipation was too much for Katie and she had a difficult time falling asleep the night before. So, BJ's idea was to let her hang out in my spot and "read" my book till I finished some packing. This is how I found her just moments later: 


I picked BJ up from work and we had lunch at a place called Woods that he talks about all the time. I got a chicken sandwich and the chicken breast was the biggest I have ever seen! It was a great way to start the trip:) We had to drive pass Mark Twain Lake, but it was just a few short hours to Emily's that night. BJ met their new cat Pepper, who absolutely loved him! My niece Lindsay in in the background too:


We left Omaha about mid morning and set out on our full day of driving.








Words don't capture the joy we felt when we finally got to Utah: 


0 comments: